As many employers know, the Government have issued new guidance for ‘living with Covid’ which puts the onus on employers and individuals to deal with Covid going forwards. The main change is the removal of the legal requirement to self-isolate. Whilst the new guidance is a positive sign for many of a return to pre-covid times, there are undoubtedly many points that will require consideration by employers in order to ensure their workforce are adequately protected whilst balancing the effective running of the organisation.
Our employment law update on living with Covid and sickness absence is a great way to ensure you are familiar with and understand the key employment law issues in this area and how best to approach the new guidance within your organisation. It is also a good way to recap on dealing with sickness absence in the workplace. In this particular session we will consider:
• Overview of the Living with Covid guidance
• Issues for employers to consider
• Covid-19 testing & the UK GDPR
• What to do if someone tests positive for Covid
• Pay issues in relation to employees absent from work
• A reminder on SSP and sick pay
• Other mitigation practices
• The importance of updating your policies and procedures
• Practical tips for dealing with the new guidance
The sessions will be from 9.30 – 11am and you will have the opportunity to ask your burning questions regarding employment law and share your ideas.
You can even send us questions in advance and we’ll do our best to cover them in the session.
Please register by clicking on the webinar link to confirm you would like to attend.
You will be sent a zoom invitation a few days before the event.Back to the lastest events